Check the previous weeks Sunday Bulletin to make certain of week day services and Vespers (which is cancelled on occasion).
- Saturday Vespers - Has returned to 5:00 PM for the Summer and Fall
- Sunday Orthros - 8:50 AM
- Sunday Divine Liturgy - 10:00 AM
Every Sunday we remember the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as we celebrate the Holy Divine Liturgy.
The word "Liturgy" means work of the people which means everyone participates through singing, praying, hearing the teaching, and opening our hearts to allow God's Grace to enter.
For those who have committed themselves to the Orthodox Faith (through Baptism and/or Chrismation) it also means, if prepared, the reception of Holy Communion.
Preparation includes the Sacrament of Confession (seven years and older) within the last two months, prayer, being on time for church, being at peace with others, attending the Divine Liturgy regularly, and fasting (no food or drink from midnight the night before).
If you are new, just visiting, or have any questions, please introduce yourself to Father Joseph. Please know that everyone is invited to venerate the Holy Gospel and receive the Holy Bread at the end of Liturgy. All are welcome to our Coffee Fellowship in the hall after Liturgy.
- One of several Orthodox Churches in the Flint Area
- Assumption Orthodox Church in Grand Blanc
- Saint Nicholas Orthodox Church in Burton
- Saint Mary Magdalene Orthodox Church in Fenton
- A Church of The Antiochian Diocese of Toledo and the Midwest
- Within the Self Ruled Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America
- Under the Ancient See of The Church of Antioch
- Participating in the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America
Approximately 90 minutes from St. George and a special blessing to our community:
The Dormition of the Mother of God Monastery in Rives Junction, MI
Some other Monasteries in Michigan within less than 2 hours of St. George Church:
Holy Trinity Monastery near Port Huron, MI
Saint Sabbas The Sanctified Orthodox Monastery in Harper Woods, MI
For Metropolitan Paul and Archbishop John, and their quick release from captivity and safe return, let us pray to the Lord!
Lord have mercy!