Mission: To share a good book and encourage each other in our Christian journey, deepen our faith and friendships and have some snacks and fun.
When: We are currently re-thinking our format and our focus and will be making an announcement SOON!!!
Where: Saint George Church
Contact: Deacon Mike (989.627.9580 if you have any questions!
- The Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality by Kyriacos C. Markides
- A recent interview with the author
- The Life of Antony and the Letter to Marcellinus on Interpreting the Psalms ~ St. Athanasius
- Theosis: The True Purpose of Human Life ~ Archimandrite George
- Man of God: Saint John of Shanghai & San Francisco ~ ArchPriest Peter Perekrestov
- The Path of Prayer: Four Sermons on Prayer ~ St. Theophan the Recluse
- On The Incarnation ~ St. Athanasius the Great
- The Lost Gospel of Mary: The Mother of Jesus in Three Ancient Texts ~ Frederica Mathewes-Green
- The Passion of St. George ~ Bishop Theodotus of Ancyra
- The Life of St. Raphael of Brooklyn ~ Antakya Press
- The Island (Ostrov) ~ A Russian Movie with English Subtitles
- A short study on the use of the Psalter in Orthodox corporate and private worship
- Father Arseny: Priest, Prisoner, Spiritual Father ~
- The Lord's Prayer and Three Meditations - St. Nicholai Velimirovic
- Beauty for Ashes ~ Stephen R. Lloyd-Moffett
- Witness in the Holy Land ~ Maria C. Khoury
- The Inner Universe ~ Archimandrite Roman Braga
- A recent interview with Father Roman Braga
- Same Sex Attraction:
- The Meaning of Typikon ~
- The Hermitess Photini ~ Archimandrite Joachim Spetsieris
- Crazy John ~ Dionysios A. Makris
- Dimitri's Cross: The Life and Letters of St. Dimitri Klepinin, Martyred during the Holocaust ~ Helen Klepinin Arjakovsky
- Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica ~ Ana Smiljanic
- The Orthodox Veneration of The Mother of God ~ Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco
- The Gurus, The Young Man and the Elder Paisios ~ Dionysios Farasiotis
- Thirty Steps to Heaven:
- Description: Many laypeople have attempted to read the great spiritual classic, The Ladder of Divine Ascent, but have been frustrated in attempting to apply the lessons of this monastic text to their everyday lives in the world. In Thirty Steps, Archimandrite Vassilios interprets the Ladder for the ordinary Christian without sacrificing any of its beauty and power. Now you too can accept the challenge offered by St. John Climacus to ascend closer to God with each passing day.
- About the Author: Archimandrite Vassilios Papavassiliou is a priest of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain. He was born in London in 1977 and holds degrees in pastoral and social theology, classics, and Byzantine music. He is the author of Meditations for Great Lent and Meditations for Advent (Ancient Faith Publishing), Journey to the Kingdom: An Insider’s Look at the Liturgy and Beliefs of the Eastern Orthodox Church (Paraclete Press), and numerous articles on Christian Orthodox faith and theology. (He is also the author of the Ancient Faith Prayer Book).
- Regarding the Ladder of Divine Ascent itself: The Ladder of Divine Ascent is an ascetical treatise on avoiding vice and practicing virtue so that at the end, salvation can be obtained. Written by Saint John Climacus initially for monastics, it has become one of the most highly influential and important works used by the Church as far as guiding the faithful to a God-centered life, second only to Holy Scripture.
- Ancient Faith Radio Interview with the author.
- The Meaning of Suffering AND Strive & Reconciliation - Archimandrite Seraphim Aleksiev
- The Forgotten Medicine: The Mystery of Repentance - Archimandrite Seraphim Aleksiev
- The Life and Miracles of Blessed Xenia of St. Petersburg
- Sayings of the Desert Fathers - Apophthegmata Patrum
- The Jesus Prayer: The Ancient Desert Prayer that Tunes the Heart to God, by Frederica Mathewes-Green.