The Orthodox Churches of Genessee County (listed on our HOME page) are blessed by God to have several Orthodox Monasteries within two hours of our parishes. We are especially blessed to have a very special and long standing relationship with the Dormition of the Mother of God Monastery less than 90 minutes away.
Wanting to grow that relationship for the health and salvation of our people, the support of the monastery and the awareness of the greater community of Orthodox monasticism we have established two annual traditions:
- An annual visit to the monastery *
- An annual dinner to promote awareness of and raise funds for the monastery - Click here for recordings.
We also actively participate in numerous monastery traditions, activities and scheduled events (all held at the monastery):
- Monthly Service of Holy Unction
- Work Days that are held throughout the year
- Group and personal retreats or visits
- Synaxis of the Mother of God Hierarchical Liturgy, Lunch and Dinner and Christmas Caroling (12/26)
* Note that this is hardly the only "visit" our parishes make to the monastery as each parish participates in retreats of various types (youth, women, clergy) as well as numerous personal visits and retreats.